Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Byrne's Lake

Monday, June 21, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

I really like to paddle Byrne's Lake because it is close, but feels so remote. The county park access is in a heavily wooded area at the end of a 1.5 mile dirt road. There is usually no one there, or possibly a couple of boat trailers, where fishermen go on out to the Tensaw. The cypress are magnificent around every corner.

This night I put in at 6:30PM, set my watch and took off full-speed up river about 1/4 mi. to the fork turnaround and then back all the way out to the Tensaw. The temperature was a little cooler at about 78 degrees and I felt pretty good, even after two paddles yesterday. I made it out to the Tensaw turnaround in 22:17 for the 2.1 miles.

I did see one boat who was out checking about 50 milk bottle fishing lines they set over about a 1/2 mile.

I took a drink of water, started the watch again and hit it again as hard as I could and finished the course in 45:57 at a 10:55 per mile pace. It was a good, tough tempo workout. From driveway to driveway, the trip took right at 2 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home