Kayak Canoe Alabama

Friday, February 04, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 VI

Friday, February 4, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was blustery day and I wasn't sure I wanted to paddle out in the open bay, but since I was there, I went anyway. I put in at 1:30 PM with a brisk north wind, partly cloudy sky, rising tide and a temperature of 62 degrees. The first east leg was slow into the current, although with the partially following wind I was pushed along with the rollers,as I arrived at the Apalachee in 9:14. The return was much quicker, even though I was breaking through the rollers, passing the lot in 16:10.

Once in the open bay, the rollers got larger and more difficult to negotiate. I wasn't able to get much of a rhythm, arriving at the turnaround in 34:09. The return wasn't much better, as I pushed hard, but only finished in 52:54. Well, at least tonight, we are starting our weekend Mardi Gras celebration with some Wintzell's raw oysters, before heading over to New Orleans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home