Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 VIII

Saturday, February 19, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This afternoon provided near perfect conditions once again for a strong workout. I put in at old Riverdoc's at 3:30 PM with a southeasterly breeze, 64 degrees and a rising tide.

As I turned east down Pass Picada, I hugged the south shore to try and stay out of the breeze. As such, I passed closely by the restaurants. Blue Gill's was setting up their stage on the outside deck for the evening Marc Broussard concert. A warmup band was playing loudly in the afternoon, prior to Marc's arrival. Against the current, I made the turn in 9:10 and back past the parking lot in 16:15. The breeze did not kick up much chop, so I was able to get in the groove past the Causeway and cruised in to the turnaround in 32:20.

The return was also pretty quick as I sprinted home, finishing in 51:16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home