Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 XVI

Sunday, March 27, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Last night was very stormy, bringing alot of rain and wind to the area. This morning was foggy and humid with still warm temperatures. At 8:00 AM, it was 71 degrees, with about a 10 mph breeze coming out of the southwest. The water level was fairly high with a still rising tide. It must not have been rising very fast, as I made a quick lap down to the Apalachee in 7:20. It was pretty foggy on the water and started to sprinkle, which was welcomed to help offset the air temperature.

As I passed the parking lot on the return, I noticed my time was 15:30, which was consistent with recent paddles with similar conditions. There were a few fishermen out this morning along the Causeway, who I didn't see until I was almost upon them. Surprisingly, there was very little chop, only a slight ripple for the amount of breeze. I made the turnaround at the bridges in 32:56, which was good under the conditions.

I decided to go all out on the return and made it back in a total time of 50:36, which was another best for this spring. I was especially pleased since the temperature was up and it was so humid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home