Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 XXIII

Thursday, April 21, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

The conditions were only slightly different from two days ago. At 5:00 PM, it was 82 degrees, cloudy with a strong breeze coming out of the South. The water level was high but the tide was falling slightly, which was the main difference.

I started out again up against the south bank trying to stay out of the wind with the current pushing me along slightly. This improved my time a little to 7:35 as I arrived at the Apalachee. An airboat pulled in next to Blue Gill's waiting on a new set of visitors to the delta. I fought the current and breeze on the way back, passing the parking lot in 15:45. The chop out in the open bay wasn't as bad as I expected, but it did make a difference. I still had to fight hard to not get blown north and off course. I arrived at the turnaround in 33:38 and hid in the grass out of the wind for a minute.

I tried to go hard on the return trip and made up a little time, finishing in 51:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home