Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 XLII

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This was my last chance to get on the water before heading out to the USATF Outdoor National Track & Field meet in Carson, CA tomorrow. So, in thinking ahead, I promptly forgot to bring along my watch or Forerunner, meaning I could not time this workout. As such, I tend to let down a little and not push quite as hard, as when I have someone out on the water to paddle against or a timer to keep me honest.

The weather was typically hot and humid for lower Alabama, as I put in at around 5:10 PM with clear skies, 85 degrees and a southeasterly breeze. The tide was falling with an already low water level. I tried to keep up a good pace, but without the timer, I knew I was not pushing at 100%. So, instead I tried to concentrate on good paddling form to see how long I could go before missing a stroke.

The paddle was not extraordinary in any way and my guess is I finished in roughly about 52 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home