Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 L

July 17, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This morning was clear, sunny, hot with no breeze already at 7:00 AM. I started out with my hat pulled down over my eyes as the sun was directly in front of me. The water level was very high and still rising as I paddled east towards Apalachee River. My time at the turn was 8:44 and 6:49 on the return with the following current.

I had the bay to myself this morning and got into a good paddle rhythm, as I cruised into the bridge turnaround in 32:03. The return was tougher into the current, but I pushed it hard and finished in 50:39. It was a satisfying workout with my good gator buddy waiting to welcome me on the return to the launch area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home