Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LVI

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

These are the dog days of summer! It was 92 degrees and humid this afternoon when I arrived at Riverdocs. My gator buddy was waiting patiently for me as I put in and passed by within about 10 feet of him without moving or dropping below the surface. The tide was still falling as I paddled east down Pass Picada. On the return, as I passed the put-in, the gator was swimming across the Pass in front of me. The water level was low, so I had to stay close to the boat channel as I passed the Causeway and headed for the bridges. I made the turnaround in 33:10, turned and stayed in the shade under the bridge as long as I could on the way back.

When I got back, old gator was back again to greet me and watch me load up and head home. My total time was 51:25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home