Kayak Canoe Alabama

Friday, August 26, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LXIII

Friday, August 26, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This was a rare Friday night appearance, due to a rainout last night. The weather was a typically hot 88 degrees, partly cloudy, a light northeasterly breeze, very low water level with little current movement.

I put in rather late at 6:00 PM, so the afternoon heat was dropping off just a little. As I headed down Pass Picaca, there was alot of traffic already around the restaurants as Bluegill's had a big outdoor concert getting ready to start. Maia Sharp was the headliner with Lisa Mills opening, and the place was packed already.

I made it to the Apalachee River in 7:41 and back past the parking lot in 15:21. Once I got to the Causeway, the chop pushed me into the shallows and I got caught up in some grassy areas which slowed me down considerably. I got to the bridge turnaround in a slower than usual 33:15 and started back, hitting the same shallow area again. I recovered a little on the last leg sprint home, although my overall time of 50:46 was only a 5.9 mph pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home