Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LXVII

Thursday, September 15, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This afternoon was my first workout paddle with Roland in two weeks, since I took my little one week hiatus in Hattiesburg last week. We met at 5:00 PM, with the water at mid-level and falling. The sun was still high, the sky clear and it was hot and humid with a southwesterly breeze.

Roland was in his K-1 and I soon found he had either been working out or had not lost anything. He immediately took off and left me in his wake, while we paddled past the closed restaurants. We noticed a new temporary banner hanging from the Cock of the Walk, which apparently will now be the new location for the Original Oyster House. We made the Apalachee River turn in 6:24 and back by the parking lot in 15:38. Roland continued to kick my butt all the way to the Interstate bridges, as I arrived in a slow 34:27.

We took a quick drink and this time I tried to keep up a little better as we split apart and took different angles home. We came back together near the parking lot and about even, finishing together in a slow50:49.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home