Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LXXI

Saturday, October 1, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was nice to get back out into more recognizable, natural and alive surroundings of the delta after returning from a day trip to the unreal and dead surroundings of post-Katrina New Orleans. I put in at old Riverdocs at 5:30 PM under clear skies, 80 degrees and an easterly breeze. The water level was up with the tide falling as I turned east down Pass Picada. As predicted, I headed straight into a chop on the normally protected pass. There was little going on as most were inside watching the Bama football game.

I made the Apalachee River turn in 6:59 and back past the lot in 15:15. The chop picked up a little out in the open bay and when the tide switched directions, I cruised into the bridge turnaround at a speed of 6.5 mph and time of 33:01. The return was not remarkable as I sprinted in to the finish in a total time of 50:15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home